1. Shilpa Shetty will launch a talent hunt for cheerleaders for her Rajasthan Royals IPL Team.
2. Katrina Kaif resumes the role of mascot for the Bangalore Royal Challengers IPL Team.
3. Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty have invested Rs.75 Crore for a 12% stake in the Rajasthan Royals IPL Team.
4. Akshay Kumar will not be the mascot for Delhi’s team in IPL 2009.
5. Preity Zinta’s Mohali Kings XI Team is also launching a talent hunt and a cricket academy in Mohali.
6. Riya Sen is the brand ambassador for IPL Official Website.
7. Chennai Super Kings Juniors is a talent hunt for young cricketers also coming on Vijay TV.
8. Chennai Super Kings Cheerleaders is also a talent hunt show to start on Vijay TV.
9. SRK’s Kolkata Knight Riders Team has Eden Gardens but is checking out Cuttack Stadium as well.
10. England Crickets are in this year, including star players like Andrew Flintoof and Kevin Pietersen.
11. Pakistani Players are out of IPL Cricket 2009 Season 2.
12. Mumbai’s Ashish Nehra is traded for Delhi’s Shikhar Dhawan.
13. Knights and Angels is a talent show on NDTV Imagine where Sourav Ganguly hunts for cheerleaders.
14. Rajasthan Royals IPL Team will launch a clothing line and a documentary film on the team.
15. Rs. 600 Crore (nearly half the ad budget for cricket in 2009) is the advertising money so far.
16. Rs. 9.6 Crore is the spending cap on the teams for 2009.
17. Bangalore trades Robin Uthappa for Mumbai’s Zaheer Khan.
18. 112 Overseas players are auctioned in season 2 of IPL Cricket.
19. Aussie David Warner joins the Delhi DareDevils Team, while Michael Clarke pulls out of the IPL Season 2.
20. Percussionist Shivmani will perform with the finalists of Chennai’s cheerleader hunt.